Today performance testing includes many types of tests.
- Latency Test – Measures end to end transaction time. This test can also vary from user point of view and within data center.
- Throughput Test – Measures number of concurrent transactions a system can handle.
- Load Test – a boolean test, if the system can handle the load or not.
- Stress Test – Finds out the breaking point of a system.
- Endurance Test – Measures if there are any anomalies during tests.
- Capacity Planning Test – Made to find out whether the system performs as expected based on capacity planning and provisioning.
- Degradation Test – Made to find out when the system performance degrades.
Multiple of these tests should be done to properly know about your working environment.